As a grove, we want to focus on the future because we cannot change the past. As such we challenge all groves and protogroves to agree to the following:
- We condemn all forms of child abuse, and will work to prevent and report any within our grove.
- We will actively work to make our gatherings a safe space for all attending.
- We will work towards building a culture of consent:
- Our leaders will be trained in consent culture
- We will regularly discuss consent culture within our regular gatherings
- We will host a consent culture discussion or workshop at any grove festival
- We promote a concept of personal sovereignty, as described by John Beckett:
- Nobody will be coerced, shamed, or forced in any way to do anything against their will.
- We will update our bylaws where necessary to fulfill these pledges.
(Beckett article is “Culture of Consent, Culture of Sovereignty”, p. 1 in “Pagan Consent Culture”)
Groves Accepting the Challenge: